EWP Training Online (VOC Refresher RIIHAN301E)
Welcome to the Elevating Work Platform (EWP) Verification of Competency Refresher Training Online.
Elevating Work Platforms Training Online
An elevating work platform is a mobile construction equipment (device) which can be used on project sites to move/transport vertically, workers, tools and small quantities of materials to elevated working positions. Basically, an EWP comprises an elevated work platform with built-in control mechanisms, an extending arm-like structure called a boom and a frame or chassis.
In the construction equipment market, there are different variations of EWP, but they can be classified as belonging to one of two categories: Boom type or Scissor type.
Features of this refresher training include:
- Download a VOC Certificate of Completion on successful completion
- A Digital Wallet ID VOC Card is also issued on successful completion
- Verification of competency by our RTO partner, AlertForce RTO Code 91826.
This training addresses the theoretical component of elevated work. This training does not give you the practical skills required to perform work at heights. To achieve accreditation, you should complete an in-person training session with a trainer accredited to deliver work at heights training.
If you perform work at heights before completing your in-person training you could endanger your safety and the safety of those around you.
This course delivers the theoretical component of RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform (previously commonly known as RIIHAN301D) and will provide you with information about the following topics:
- Plan and prepare for operating an elevating work platform
- Conduct work activities from an elevating work platform
- Carry out operator maintenance
- Clean up
THIS IS NOT A NATIONALLY RECOGNISED COURSE. IT IS ONLY TO BE USED FOR REFRESHER / VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY PURPOSES IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY ACHIEVED A STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT in RIIHAN301D or have a copy of a valid EWP licence (Eg. EWPA Yellow Card)
WHAT IS COVERED DURING THE COURSE?
- Access, interpret and apply elevating work platforms documentation and ensure the work activity is compliant
- Obtain, read, interpret, clarify and confirm work requirements
- Select and wear personal protective equipment appropriate for work activities
- Identify and select any required tools and equipment, check for serviceability and rectify or report, verbally or in writing, any faults prior to commencement
- Perform pre-start and post-start inspections/checks
- Coordinate activities with others prior to commencement of, and during, the work activity
- Identify and address potential risks, hazards and environmental issues, and implement control measures
- Obtain and interpret emergency procedures, and be prepared for fire/accident/emergency
- Stabilise elevating work platform
- Place tools and equipment into bucket/platform
- Use approved safety devices, ensure safety of personnel and surrounding site
- Act on or report, verbally or in writing, monitoring systems and alarms
- Recognise and respond to hazardous and emergency situations
- Complete work and shut-down in accordance with agreed work plan
- Carry out work platform inspections and fault finding
- Carry out routine operational servicing, lubrication and housekeeping tasks in accordance with manufacturer's instructions and site authorised procedures and practices
- Carry out minor operator maintenance to manufacturer's instructions and site requirements
- Process written records
- Clear work area and reuse, recycle or dispose of materials
- Check, clean, maintain and store plant, tools and equipment
Activities and quizzes are part of your knowledge assessment. They must be successfully completed to complete the course. You must also upload video evidence of performing of relevant tasks required.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 1-2 years to stay refreshed depending on the requirement from the owner of your business (PCBU).
1. You must upload 100 points of ID
2. You must upload a previously issued with a Statement of Attainment (or wallet card) by an RTO less than 5 years ago or be able to present a CV that demonstrates industry currency.
NOTE: this training is suitable as refresher if you have previously obtained a Unit of Competency in any of these qualifications:
- RIIHAN301E Operate Elevating Work Platform
- RIIHAN301D Operate Elevating Work Platform (and/or)
- EWPA Yellow Card / Ticket
- RIIHAN301B Operate elevating work platform
You need to previously have held the RIIHAN301E (or equivalent) Statement of Attainment or EWPA ticket. That statement along with this Refresher Training serves as your refresher evidence.