Understanding Dementia - Changed Behaviours (Competency Training) - 50 min
Welcome to the Changed Behaviours course of the Understanding Dementia series. This course has been designed to provide you with an understanding of how behaviour we consider difficult and challenging in any care environment could be caused by many things, including our own behaviour.
This course, ‘Changing Behaviours’, will cover:
- the main causes of behaviour you might find difficult or challenging
- how to understand the behaviour
- what influences behaviour
- the importance of interpersonal skills
- understanding that the reality of the person with dementia may be different from ours
- compulsory reporting, and
- restraint in residential aged care.
A Certificate of Completion is issued on successful completion of the course and you are required to get an 80% pass mark to be deemed as understanding the content. It is recommended that training is conducted every 2 years to stay refreshed.